Diseases of the heart and blood vessels
Taking into account the statistical data, in all countries of the world the highest mortality rate is associated with diseases of the cardiovascular system. A study of the nature of the onset of these diseases shows that some of them have an infectious nature, while others are congenital or hereditary. But most of them are the result of an incorrect lifestyle, emotional stress, bad habits.
Conditionally, taking into account the causes of the occurrence of such diseases can be divided into groups:,,.
Vascular diseases include diseases of the arteries, veins and lymphatic system. The most frequent and most dangerous diseases of the vessels today are: abdominal aortic aneurysm, thoracic aortic aneurysm, aortic and peripheral arterial disease, high blood pressure and kidney blood vessel diseases, carotid artery atherosclerosis, stroke, transient ischemic attacks.
Disease of the vessels of the legs is not a disease of one leg or ankle - it is a common ailment. It is manifested either by an increase in blood clotting, or by a decrease in the movement of blood through the vessels, or by a violation of valvular valve functions. As a result - complaints of pain in the joints. However, most often these are not joints, but vessels. Atherosclerosis of the lower limbs is a common vascular disease caused by their constriction. It is observed mainly in men older than 40 years, it often causes severe circulatory insufficiency of the lower extremities, dooming the patients to painful pains and depriving them of their ability to work. The process is localized mainly in large blood vessels (aorta, iliac arteries) or middle-sized arteries (femoral, popliteal). However, recently, atherosclerotic changes have been detected in children and even in newborns.
Treatment of cardiovascular diseases in children
Diseases of the heart and blood vessels can very often occur even in very young children. The ailments can be both congenital and acquired.
To congenital ailments of the cardiovascular system are the vices of large vessels and heart. Such diseases are detected even during fetal development or in the first months after birth. In most cases, surgical intervention is required to treat them.
Acquired diseases of the cardiovascular system can appear at any age. To provoke their occurrence can both infectious disease in the child, and the mother's illnesses during pregnancy. To the widespread children's diseases of the heart and blood vessels can be attributed: an arrhythmia, a syndrome of vegetovascular dystonia, defects and anomalies of the development of the heart and blood vessels.
Quite often there are diseases of the cardiovascular system in children of primary school age. Unfortunately, the number of sick children is increasing every year. This is affected by poor ecology, poor nutrition, improper lifestyle, stress. Many children with heart and vascular disease become disabled.
There are certain risk factors for the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases, knowing about which, it is possible to prevent their occurrence in children. Factors that affect the occurrence of congenital malformations of the cardiovascular system include: heredity, unhealthy lifestyle during pregnancy, intrauterine infection, mother's diseases (diabetes, hypertension, etc.), birth trauma.
Treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system abroad
Polish-American heart clinics, Poland is the only network of medical institutions in Poland dealing with complex treatment of cardiovascular diseases, from prevention, to modern operations in the field of invasive cardiology, cardiac surgery and vascular surgery, and rehabilitation, which allows the patient to return to full physical And social activity.
Rehabilitation services are provided at the resort of Ustron, one of the largest resorts in Europe.
In clinics, not only diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation after cardiovascular diseases, but also research activities. They own the Center for Research and Development (CBR) using innovative solutions in clinical practice that improve the results of treatment of cardiovascular diseases in Poland.
The clinic focuses on heart disease and circulatory system - from medical examination, to open heart surgery.
By the quality of cardiac surgery the clinic in Bielsko-Biała competes with the best medical institutions in the USA and Great Britain, which places it at the leading place in Poland.
Survival of patients in the Polish-American heart clinics in the case of myocardial infarction without an upsurge of the ST segment is at the level of 90.6% - comparable to the European indicator of 88.9%, and in the case of unstable angina - 95.7%, compared to 94.7%
The survival rate for three years in American Heart Clinics with acute coronary syndrome is higher than the result in the comparable group of patients in the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) by approximately 7% (87% compared with 80% in the GRACE register ),
The clinic offers:
- Individual approach and constant medical care by outstanding doctors before and after treatment, including doctors who speak Arabic.
- Admission to our clinics without restrictions, around the clock.
- Medical safety and effectiveness of treatment.
- Minimally invasive operations, guaranteeing a quick return to normal activity and limiting painful sensations for patients.
- High quality of services - we received the certificate ISO 9001: 2008 and the certificate "Hospital without pain".
- Coordinator's trust.
- Accommodation of the patient and his family.
- Transfer from the airport, transport between the hotel and clinics.
- The case history in the patient's native language, on a flash drive.
- Adaptation of services and offers to the customs and traditions of patients.
- Many years of experience in the treatment of foreign patients.
Clinic "Cardiolitis", Lithuania - one of the largest private medical institutions in Lithuania and the Baltic States.
Complex surgical operations are conducted at the highest level, patients in the intensive care unit are continuously monitored, post-operative care is of the highest quality.
"Cardiolitis", the only private clinic in Lithuania that provides comprehensive cardiac care:
In the presence of ischemic heart disease, selective coronary angiography is performed, during which the optimal method of treatment is selected depending on the localization and degree of lesion of the coronary arteries. The following procedures are performed:
- Angioplasty of the coronary arteries (enlargement in the sites of constriction) and stenting (stent placement in place of constriction); The procedure is carried out both in a planned and urgent manner
- The operation of shunting the coronary arteries is autovenous or autoarterial bypass grafts that are injected under conditions of artificial circulation or a beating heart. The operation is performed in a planned or urgent manner with developing myocardial infarction.
In the presence of damage to the heart valves of rheumatoid or other origin are performed:
- Plastic heart valves, keeping valves
- Change of heart valves to biological or mechanical prostheses
- Operation Ross
In the presence of coronary heart disease or rheumatoid disease of the valves, simultaneous combined coronary artery bypass grafting and plasty or valve replacement are performed.
Surgery of consequences of myocardial infarction:
- Stitching of a broken interventricular septum
- Sewing chopped chords of valves and plastic of valves
- Removal of an aneurysm of the left ventricle with restoration of the shape and geometry of the ventricle, often additionally revascularizing the myocardium by a bypass procedure and by plastic or prosthetic valve replacement
Aortic aneurysm and acute dissection of the aorta:
- Removal of an aneurysm of the ascending aorta with preservation of the aortic valve or its replacement with an artificial limb
- Change of aortic root to the biological aorta
- Removal of an aneurysm of an arch of an aorta and a descending thoracic aorta
- Surgery of the aorta and its branches in case of its acute dissection
Percutether and operating methods for restoring rhythm are used in the presence of any of the above diseases or as an independent disease:
- Mini-invasive procedure MAZE (through small incisions)
- MAZE open heart procedure with simultaneous valve operation or other heart surgery
- Implantation of stimulants and heart defibrillators
German Cardiology Center in Berlin, Germany - the center of cardiac surgery in Berlin combines several departments:
Division of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery.
Institute of Anaesthesiology.
Department of congenital heart diseases and pediatric cardiology.
Internal diseases - cardiology.
The clinic caters to all patients who turn to it, regardless of their condition and severity of the disease, trying to provide the most effective help and achieve positive results. Each patient is provided with an individual approach and the best service. Of the practitioners of the center (190 people), more than one hundred are certified professionals who are admitted to independent work, except for this there are professors (eleven people) and private associate professors (fifteen people). The Cardiac Surgery Center in Berlin is the only one in Germany that has been re-certified. The use of the latest technologies in the treatment of patients and the rich experience of specialists help in achieving excellent results.
More than half of all operations performed in the cardiosurgery department are aorto-coronary bypass surgery or CABG. Here, such operations are performed even for those patients who have a violation of the contractility of the ventricles of the heart. In any other clinic