Nephrology - a therapeutic area in medicine where doctors are studying kidney function and treatment of human related pathological changes.
The kidneys are responsible for the excretion of toxins, metabolic products and other hazardous compounds. Their defeat immediately affects the whole body.
Nephrologists specialization include urinary system diseases such as:
- glomerulonephritis - immune renal disease. Has all common symptoms of this nature. Almost always accompanied by hematuria, and during the acute phase of urination may completely stop. The disease affects both kidneys at once. It is dangerous because it is usually accompanied by hypertension, massive edema in severe forms can occur even pulmonary edema and brain. In mild symptoms can be almost invisible;
- chronic renal failure - renal dysfunction;
- urolithiasis. The main symptom, renal colic, arising from the fact that kidney stones clog ureter, not allowing urine output. The pain in this case is acute and cramping in nature, extends from the waist to the lower abdomen, genitals and inner thighs. There may be an increase in temperature and pressure, nausea, vomiting. Number of urine is less urgency but - more often. Urine may notice blood impurities, small stones and sand;
- nephritis - inflammation of the kidneys;
- hypertension with renal disease;
- pyelonephritis - an infectious lesion chashechno-pelvis system and renal parenchyma. Usually affects one kidney, but may occur bilaterally inflammation. There is swelling of the body, its increase in volume, resulting in pain. The patient may complain of heaviness in the lower back discomfort, aching pain; renal amyloidosis - the formation of amyloid in the tissues of the body that affects them. There is a breach of protein metabolism;
- cure kidney damage (after treatment with other agencies) and other diseases.
Renal disease in children
Most renal diseases occurring in children quickly, this is the "treachery" of such disorders, but it concerns not all kidney disease. Of particular concern should take parents who have chronic kidney disease or bladder as the likelihood of these diseases in their child increases sharply. Today, thanks to ultrasound methods renal defects can be diagnosed at the earliest stages of fetal development. Transferred mother viral and bacterial infections, threatened miscarriage, early toxicosis - all of which are risk factors for renal disease in newborns. These peculiarities of pregnancy should promptly inform the pediatrician. If you suspect a congenital kidney defect in the fetus is recommended to examine the baby in a specialized hospital immediately after his birth. Birth defects can be expressed, such as hydronephrosis (enlargement of the cavities of the kidney overflow of urine and subsequent atrophy of tissue), and less pronounced as, say, kidney dysplasia (reducing its size while tissue malformations). Violation of the outflow of urine from the kidneys leading to their death, so you need examination and elimination of obstacles to the outflow of urine.
Treatment of renal diseases abroad
Renal Center Tel Aviv CLINIC, Israel - Israel Nephrology Center, which is affiliated with Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Here are exploring functions and renal diseases, conduct diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases including electrolyte disturbances and hypertension, and perform procedures that require specific types of renal replacement therapy, including dialysis and renal transplantation.
Center for Nephrology in Israel if necessary conducts specialized tests to detect certain systemic diseases that lead to kidney failure, such as infection (hepatitis B, hepatitis C), autoimmune diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis ANCA), paraproteinemias (amyloidosis, multiple myeloma ) and metabolic diseases (diabetes, cystinosis).
In the center of the Israeli branch of nephrology clinic effectively treat kidney diseases such as renal failure, nephritis, various nephropathy (poisoning, intoxication, systemic diseases, diabetes) and others. Operative Nephrology abroad provides transplant (transplant) donor kidney and the use of artificial kidneys (hemodialysis).
Center for Nephrology in Israel is affiliated with Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics devoted to the study of functions and diseases of the kidneys, is conducting the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases including electrolyte disturbances and hypertension, and perform procedures requiring renal replacement therapy in including dialysis and renal transplantation.
Nephrology Center in Israel, if necessary, conducts specialized tests to detect certain systemic diseases that lead to kidney failure. These include infections (hepatitis B, hepatitis C), autoimmune diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis ANCA), paraproteinemias (amyloidosis, multiple myeloma) and metabolic diseases (diabetes, cystinosis).
Structural abnormalities of the kidneys viewed through a wide range of vehicles. These can include ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), scintigraphy, angiography or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Renal Center Charite, Germany - unique clinic, whose main task is to provide skilled care to patients with chronic kidney disease, such as glomerulonephritis, bacterial and inflammatory processes in the kidneys, as well as kidney disease associated with high blood pressure . In addition, assists patients with congenital anomalies of the type of cystic kidney disease, Fabry disease (sfinholipidoz caused by deficiency of alpha-galactosidase A) and tuberous sclerosis (Burnevillya disease - a rare genetic disorder in which the various organs and tissues appear multiple benign tumors).
Scientists nephrological clinic at the Charite Campus Center used advanced methods of treatment using the drug Everolimus (Everolimus) - highly selective inhibitor of mTOR kinase, which has already managed to show their high efficiency as a means of pathogenetic therapy Burnevillya disease (tuberous sclerosis). In fact, to date, drugs of this class is the only drug therapies aimed directly at eliminating the causes of this disease and the impact for the entire spectrum of its clinical manifestations.
Experienced doctors nephrological medical clinic at the Charite Campus Center in close cooperation with their colleagues urologists conduct a variety of surgeries on the kidneys and the bladder and urinary tract, including mini-invasive operations.